VA provides valuable insurance benefits to Service members and Veterans to give you peace of mind knowing that your family is protected. VA insurance benefits were developed in consideration of the extra risks involved in military service.
- Service members’ Group Life Insurance (SGLI) is a low-cost group life insurance program for Service members. Coverage can be extended if the Service member is totally disabled.
- Service members’ Group Life Insurance Traumatic Injury Protection (TSGLI) is an automatic feature of SGLI that provides payments to Service members who suffer losses, such as amputations, blindness, and paraplegia, due to traumatic injuries.
- Veterans’ Group Life Insurance (VGLI) allows Service members to convert their SGLI to Lifetime renewable term coverage after separation from service.
- Service-Disabled Veterans’ Insurance (S-DVI) provides life insurance coverage for Veterans with a service-connected disability. If totally disabled, Veterans are eligible for additional coverage.
- Veterans’ Mortgage Life Insurance (VMLI) provides mortgage protection insurance to disabled Veterans who have been approved for a VA Specially Adapted Housing Grant